Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 207

Thread: JIB vs. Pound

  1. #171
    Inactive Member softballgal21's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2004
    Posts
    304
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    i agree with you..if the parents dont like what is happening with their kids, dont let em' play..if you play football, u gotta be able to put up with what comes with it...

  2. #172
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    "Outside of this area (Including cumberland and black diamond)-it doesnt matter, because here at in the LPD We're better than you and we know it."

    PV and GC in football? Yeah probably...everyone else in the district in football? Don't think so

    Every other sport? Not hardly.

    I don't think 2 schools in one sport make the LPD as a whole better than other districts.

  3. #173
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    I believe your sarcasm meter is broken. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  4. #174
    Inactive Member littlecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2004
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    To your comment about four letter words and middle fingers fliying through the air at Pound games. I have heard some four letter words and seen obscene gestures at not only Norton games but at Clintwood, Coeburn and Powell valley games. So it is only fair to say that there are more rednecks in this county and they are not all from Pound.

  5. #175
    Inactive Member JB4VT's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2005
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    i think he meant fans in general....not just pound fans... all teams have em in every level.. which gives sports a black eye... a white sox fan slapped biggio's wife...dont mean all white sox fans would do that..biggio said he didnt blaim all white sox fans for the actions of 1..i believe this is a similar situation...
    I dont know what a hokie is...but god is one of them..

  6. #176
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    darn coeburn crazies...bunch of rednecks is all i can say [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  7. #177
    Inactive Member carolynniece's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2004
    Posts
    66
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    " Wise is a klansman" meaning they flock in groups or meaning something else? The thing about "they" think they are better than everybody else maybe everybody around them thinks they are better and don't give anyone else a try. I don't think I'm better than anyone, because I have the same color of blood under my skin as anyone else living on earth. Like it was mentioned not everyone are rednecks and act like some, not everybody thinks that they are better than anybody else neither. My parents come from the Clintwood area and Bold Camp in Pound, so I'm a mixture of them all.
    football mom

  8. #178
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    I think by klansman, they mean they don't like black people. Myself being from Norton I can see what the "snob, i'm better than everyone else thing comes from" its just something that people got in their heads. I guess because wise seems to be were more of the upper class live around here.
    crack is whack

  9. #179
    Inactive Member carolynniece's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2004
    Posts
    66
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    Not all people seem to be that way, I have not the first anything against the black people. They and everyone else around here are the same underneath. I heard that they were a cross burned at Pound friday night? True or not? Oh well, and upper classmen yeah I see that, but you have that everywhere.
    football mom

  10. #180
    Inactive Member lpd05's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2005
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    littlecats,
    I have been around Clintwood football several years now. Can you tell me when you saw a Clintwood football player raise his middle finger at anyone? I honestly do not believe I have ever saw a Clintwood player act that way. Do you know what would happen to a player at Clintwood if they: threw the bird, or got up and made a big X over the person they just tackled, or strutted 15 yards down the sideline, or ran down the bleachers high 5 the crowd? That kind of behavior may be acceptable at Norton or Pound, but Clintwood doesn't put up with a bunch of foolishness. There is still something to be said about smacking someone in the face...And then going back to the huddle and getting ready to do it again
    Clintwood Greenwave
    Back-to-Back Region D Champions
    2008 LPD Champions

    "State in '08"


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •